Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Canyon Bear

Canyon Bear
6x8 oil
Available at the Firehouse Sale on the Conejos this weekend
Framed $250
 
I just returned from a few weeks in the mountains...ahhhhh....a nice break from our Texas heat (which seemed to go away... while we were gone there was eight inches of rain in Austin!)
Our Colorado place has bear visitors from time to time..BOY could I share some stories! This one visited last fall and several friends shared photos so I could paint !
On July 27-28 a few of the artists here have a small art event to benefit our volunteer fire department...as you know, fire fighting is SERIOUS BUSINESS in the dry Rocky Mountains.
Please let me know if you would like to help the Conejos Canyon Rocky Mountain Estates Fire Department by purchasing this Bear...tomorrow I will post another one for the show...
a hummingbird!
WANT TO PAINT HERE??? NEXT AUGUST 7-11, 2014 I will lead a painting workshop at this great location in Southern Colorado. click  V....Colorado Workshop - August 2014  for brochure and info.
 
Below is the Firehouse, and across the river is our place under the mountain. (you can see it above the rear view mirror :)



No comments: