Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Dove Sketch

Dove Sketch___a workshop demo in water soluble graphite and colored pencil
"Chiaroscuro" is defined as:   the distribution of light and shade in a picture...in art it is "an Italian term which literally means 'light-dark'.
"Chiaroscuro and Chocolate" is the title of my little workshop series at Joel's Coffee Shop (aka Rocksports). In over 20 years of teaching part-time, I have plenty of tricks to help artists see and sketch better, faster, and with a variety of media. Chiaroscuro describes the outcome perfectly!  Brad Payton, the owner of Joel's is also an artist and a Chocolatier, so we indulge in his chocolate creations whenever we can while working out our drawing problems! My pal Robin Cheers, a "regular", likes the Hot Chocolate, while I will take a pecan truffle or two (or 30...really). Brad recently perfected his toffee, which is Billie's favorite!
We will have some more sessions in November...please contact me if you want to come. And if you want a more indepth, concentrated workshop, sign up for three days with me in Fredericksburg at the end of this month....soon! Info below...
_______________________WORKSHOPS_____________________

November__Austin___ "Chiaroscuro and Chocolate" contact V...,. 
Oct. 28-30__Texas__Full Moon at Fredericksburg Artists School, contact V...,.
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2015___February-March ___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it

No comments: