Friday, August 12, 2011

Plains Moon


Plains Full Moon___6x8 oil on linen___for Passing America: The Great Plains
Today I "cleaned up" this little drive-by painting from a couple years ago. Click here to compare the old version with this one. http://vvaughan.blogspot.com/2010/01/blue-moondrive-by.html
When I noticed tonight's moon, I noted how the colors of the landscape from in winter painting are very similar to the summer version I saw tonight. Our draught is so bad, the landscape has the dry color of winter...
Tonight is the last night for my youngest son to sleep at home...tomorrow we take him away to college...I feel a little sad, but am so proud of him and excited FOR him...I remember how wonderful it was to be out on my own for the first time! God Bless You, Samuel!!!


1 comment:

A Painter's Journal said...

I'm teary-eyed thinking about Sam leaving home!!

Have a wonderful trip and I wish him every blessing in life.

Nice rework on the painting too. :-)