Saturday, February 11, 2012

Tiger Stalk

Tiger Sketch...watercolor pencil on w/c paper__7x9___$170 includes shipping


Last week I took another group of students to the zoo to sketch. We were there early, the first ones there, and I was the first one down the walkway to the tigers. So, I tried to sneak up on them to see what they do when no one is around....I tip-toed up the walkway and got within about 15 feet of one laying against the fence. Suddenly I noticed that up the hill to my right, his "roommate" had been stalking me all along! It ws really intense, and when this tiger saw me, seeing him, he bagan pacing....so I sketched him! I think I achieved what I was after, and am VERY GLAD that this guy was not successful with his plan!


PLEASE COME TO MY RECEPTION TUESDAY IN GRUENE, TX, if you can...




V....Vaughan Spring Schedule




Feb. 14, Artist Reception for Passing America...Cactus Jack's, Gruene, TX
Show runs through April




Feb. 17 - 19, Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, Charleston, SC


March 15-17, C. M. Russell Museum Auction, Great Falls, MT


March 23-25, Cowgirl Up! Desert Caballeros Western Museum, Wickenburg, AZ


April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL


...see my full schedule for more dates upcoming

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great sketch! Love the sense of movement and power!

TIERKUNST Atelier said...

Wonderfull! I love it!