Thursday, August 23, 2012

Young Hat

Young Hat___a sketch at the coffee shop
OK the details are done! It's time for Chiaroscuro and Chocolate! We can add charcoal, chalk and coffee if you like!...there will be a model there, doing coffee shop things, and Brad promises to have plenty of free tea and coffee there while he fills the place with the rich aromas of fresh made gourmet chocolate. Cost is $30 each session. Includes model fees, tea coffee...email me for a suggested supply list. 
My recent longhorn painting, "The Backfield" won the "Artist Retreat Award" at the American Plains Artists National Show, which opened in Midland last week. If you are in the area, go see the show which is at the Museum of the Southwest for the next month or so.....On my "retreat", I will be visiting a working ranch "Our Heritage Guest Ranch"  in a most beautiful area of northwestern Nebraska. Painting, hiking, and generally horsing around sounds like my "thing"...CAN'T WAIT!
__________________________________________ 
Here are some locations for a few of my workshops. email me if you want more info on any of these...
See this SPECIAL ONE.
I can't wait to see the water go down the drain BACKWARDS there!
September 6, 12, 20, 27__Austin___ "Chocolates and Chiaroscuro" contact V...,. 
Sept. 15, 2012___Salado TX, Contact Belinda Walker__1 or two spots open!
Oct. 28-30__Texas__at Fredericksburg Artists School
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2014___February 23-March 1___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it!

No comments: