Friday, November 13, 2009

Announcing a new BLOG_Passing America_drive-by paintings fromthe Great Plains




Passing America__a sketch 5 miles south of Roaring Springs, on the Texas High Plains
ANNOUNCING
I have been given another solo museum show at the Great Plains Art Museum at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. The exhibit opens in October, 2011. For the next 2 years I will be extending the themes of my own Last Year on the Farm. America's small farms are passing away, and the landscape is changing. Especially in the Great Plains. I want to explore what that means and how it can be communicated. I am an impressionist and will paint the Passing of family farms in a special way...on the move, as I pass by on the roads and rails of the plains.
My new blog is documenting every step of the way...see where I have been so far and please sign up to follow! This will NOT be a daily painting effort, but I will post as I prepare works for the exhibit and while I travel the plains.

BELOW: Grazing Along__sketch for that painting I keep promising to show...TOMORROW!....maybe
E-mail vvaughan8@yahoo.com
web www.v-vaughan.com

No comments: