Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Gentle Sound___14 x 11 oil on linen panel__for Roundup, MOWA, Kerrville TX, April 9-11
I hope you will click the image above to see this one larger...the brush strokes look neat and the dove looks ready to fly! The Museum of Western Art in Kerrville, TX will present its annual "Roundup" on April 9-11. I brought this one and two other paintings to the museum this morning for that show.
Today "opened" a special exhibit of about 100 paintings from "Last Year on the Farm" in Marble Falls, TX. From now till April 20, the works will hang in the Gallery at 205 Main Street. PLEASE VISIT when you take your "bluebonnet" trip to the Hill Country in the next few weeks. The Gallery is open Thus. - Sunday. If you have a group of 10 or more planning to go, please let me know! I might be able to meet y'all there and give a little talk about the works and my current project.

6 comments:

dominique eichi said...

what a lovely piece. i love the light on the bell.

m collier said...

Wonderful !!!

Linda Popple said...

The texture in the wall is beautiful! I also like all the colors in the shadows. And it is a good composition. Just a wonderful painting!

Art with Liz said...

Love this V! That little bird is so great. The way the light hits that bell just lights up the whole painting.

Terry Miller said...

What another stunning little work, V! Small, simple, yet totally significant. Bravo!

And no, I don't think you 'owe' me anything, V. :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

The light on the bell grabbed my attention first to excite my brain and then I saw the gentle and fragile bird poised so delicately near that hard metal. What a contrast of mood and textures to tickle the emotions!