Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cottonwood at the Fork

Cottonwood at the Fork__8x10 oil on canvas___$290 if it doesn't sell at the FireHouse
Here's a little plein air study near our cabin in Colorado. I went out with painting buddy, Pat Haberman and we knocked out a couple of studies, yesterday. This is a place I WILL go back to! There are views all around: The river bends a couple of times, an amazing beaver dam, wildflowers on the hillsides, monsoon clouds...There are a few paintings left to do here...
If you look at my schedule below, you will see at the very bottom, I will teach a SURPRISE workshop at about this time next summer. Pretty soon I will give details, but hint, hint, hint...the locations where we will paint look a lot like this! Are you interested???

July 23-24___Art on the Conejos__a NEW SHOW, featuring artists who live in the Conejos Canyon, CO
August___Painting the Plains...I will be ALL OVER The place, finishing my project which opens on...
October 7___Passing America: The Great Plains. Lincoln, NE...Reception and Gallery Talk in the evening
Oct. 8-13___Nebraska Workshops...painting farms en plein air
Oct. 18-Nov. 17___Remembering the Farm, Solo show at Inspiration Gallery at Riverbend Church, Austin
October 27___Remembering the Farm Reception and Gallery Talk 5-8 pm. Riverbend, Austin
Nov. 9-11___Fall Workshop at Fredericksburg Artists' School
June 11-13, 2012___Spring Workshop at Fredericksburg Artists School
Surprise Summer 2012 Workshop...early August! TBA!

1 comment:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

beautiful painting. I love your greens