Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dusky Docks - 40 x 30

Dusky Docks___40 x 30 BIG oil on Gallery wrap
Available at Rockport Art Festival, July 6-7, Rockport, TX
or available from ME!
 
A few months ago I did the study for this one, which sold in Charleston...since it sold, I have been chomping at the bit to do a large version....
I love SUMMER and the humid coastal areas this time of year. Yes, I LOVE the humidity and even the SMELL of the coast and boatyards!...so much so that RIGHT NOW, I am headed to New Orleans to gather more "steamy reference"...My sister is tagging along, and we will catch up to my artist friend, Robin Cheers, who is there right now, hanging out in all the cafes, and eating her way through the restaurants and urban areas, sketching and texting me to "hurry up" and get there....We are hoping to do some sort of collaboration on the theme, so I can't wait to see what she has done!...
Actually, the plan is to work separately while there, and then get our stuff together afterwards to see what each of us did! (but since she and her family got there first, they are keeping in touch, to make sure I don't miss something I NEED to see!...or eat!!!)
I'll be looking for a boatyard or a farm!...and a beignet
 

No comments: