Monday, August 25, 2008

Lindsey























"Lindsey"___10 x 8___Sarah's baby

I painted and delivered Lindsey a while ago! And pretty soon I will be painting Lindsey's playpal, Kerra. I really enjoy painting dogs, and have a few commissions in the works this month.

Tomorrow is the first day of school where I live. I have been busy setting up my classroom at Round Rock Christian Academy, where I am getting ready to begin my 19th year of teaching art. I used to teach all the classes but for the past few years I now only teach the high school artists. I like this age group, because they have great energy and they are fearless about art! So much of the teaching I do at my workshops comes from the years I have spent breaking down complicated art concepts for this age group....I am excited to start the school year, but hate to see the summer come to an end....

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

awwww - doggone it - just lOVE this sweet face! - great portrait of a loved pet!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Looks like my old friend, Duffy.
Our summer is also coming to an abrupt end. Today was a brisk day for August. I wore fleece!