Monday, November 24, 2008

Black Kerra

"Kerra"___10 x 8 oil on canvas panel____A commission - sold
I am working on BLACK....I do not have any "black" on my palette, but prefer to mix black with other dark colors...I think it is easier to paint a black animal than to sketch one...probably because there are more varieties of values with color...oh, here I go "teaching"...sometimes it's best to just enjoy LOOKING at the art!
I painted this while my mom watched....I took my gear to the nursing home where she lives , now. We went to the courtyard and I painted Kerra there, from a photo...mom enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Karen Hargett said...

Virginia I love this one! I'm partial, I have a Cairn Terrier too - her name is Sassy. Need I tell you the name fits her to a T. Cute dog - and thanks for the lesson.