Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Night at Rockport_click to enlarge

"Night at Rockport"___12 x 12 Oil on Linen panel___Whistle Pik Miniatures Show
click image to see larger
I posted the study for this one a few months ago...and here, below. It was a nice study, painted in "dark air"! The study seemed almost abstract in composition, so I painted again with expanded space around the boat, to indicate a "place".
I like painting at night, and have some tricks I have learned from all my paintings at the farm. I teach these things in my workshops, where I always plan at least one outing at night (or before sunrise)...My workshops are REAL adventures in plein air painting, with studio time thrown in for good measure. There will be a three day workshop at the great Fredericksburg Artist's School next June. I will teach some night painting, and the workshop will focus on PAINTING FAST...and WHAT to do with all your studies! I promise LOTS of info...and fun! See my web site for details


No comments: