Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Romeo at Jake's Place_24 x 30

"Romeo at Jake's Place"___24 x 30__a BIG one for Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
This painting is one of my big ones for the show...my model : Romeo. I sketched him a lot in preparation for this, but I used "Jake's Place" for his surroundings. (THANK YOU, Till!) Romeo laid on my studio couch all week while I painted him, but never looked at the painting! What's the deal with dogs? They don't seem to see in 2-D!

I will be in South Carolina from Feb 10 - 19...Feb 11-15 is the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in Charleston, then, afterwards I will get to paint at the Donnelly Wildlife Refuge (ACE Basin), with other artist friends. This place is WILD...full of alligators and whooping cranes and other waterfowl....I can't wait!
I will be in Rockport Saturday for a one-day workshop...heavy on drawing, I will shapes, rather than lines...come for my secrets if you can, or try another one later...please ask if you are interested! vvaughan8@yahoo.com
Feb, 7... Rockport, TX (1 day, Drawing to Paint)
Feb. 21 ...Calvert, TX (1 day, Sunrise, Moonrise)
Mar. 7 ...Rockport, TX (1 day)
April 6 - 9 ...Granbury, TX (4 day - comprehensive, in-depth workshop in an elegant place, !!!)
Apr. 18... Rockport, TX (1 day)
April 27 - 30... Gadsden, ALABAMA (4 day - comprehensive)
May 30 ...DeSoto Art League, TX (1 day)
June 5-7... Fredericksburg, TX (Painting Fast - every day, and what to do with all those paintings!)
Fall ...in New Orleans (with EATING in our off hours)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an aristocrat....feel I should be bowing when I look at this LOL. Great work

Alanda said...

This is great! He looks like he is thinking, "Who? Me?" =)