Monday, February 09, 2009

Zebra Letters

"Zebra Letters" ___a school Mascot design__See More Mascots at RockSports.net
As I prepare to go to Charleston tomorrow for the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition, I let the day get away from me and did not photograph the wet paintings I have...Now I have to pack them...so...here's some "wildlife" I did last week...If you can picture a shadow outline around these shapes you will be able to read the word "ZEBRAS". Click the art to see details.
I don't talk about it much on my BLOG, but a BIG PART of my career has been humorous art...cartoons and tee shirt designs. I still do them for RockSports, a company I helped get rolling about 17 years ago. This is a brand new school mascot design for tee shirts. I have about 80 mascots. See if you can think of just 30, then go see all the crazy mascots that are out there these days: Miners, Frogs, Prairie Dogs.......some are not so politically correct....
Of course I am a "serious painter" now, so please do not tell anyone about all this silliness....but I can't help myself! go see more! and more!
...and if you come to a workshop (see below) and mention these, I will be happy to talk about it! Just don't tell the galeries and art show judges!!!
Feb. 21 ...Calvert, TX (1 day, Sunrise, Moonrise)
Mar. 7 ...Rockport, TX (1 day)
April 6 - 9 ...Granbury, TX (4 day - comprehensive, in-depth workshop in an elegant place, !!!)
Apr. 18... Rockport, TX (1 day)
April 27 - 30... Gadsden, ALABAMA
May 30 ...Waxahachie, TX (1 day)
June 5-7... Fredericksburg, TX (Painting Fast - every day, and what to do with all those paintings!)
Fall ...in New Orleans (with EATING in our off hours)

1 comment:

Art with Liz said...

One day I'll be able to order a t-shirt with a V...Vaughn design! Roll on that day!