Thursday, September 17, 2009

Distance at Kay's Place_Landscape, hills, cows

Distance at Kay's Place___6 x 8 oil on canvas panel___$150
This one made it home without dirt all over it like yesterday's painting ...My challenge on this work was to keep that hill back there in the distance. In real life the WHOLE SCENE was way in the distance...I brought it forward for a better composition. This is a good way to learn how to paint distance, because it's already "there"...If this scene was really as close to the viewer as it appears, your eye can compensate and SEE more detail in the background....an artist needs to tell the story of more distance, by exaggerating a little bit!
HEY! If you are looking at this on my bLOG, and you want to be among the FIRST to see my daily art, please e-mail me to put you on the Google Group list. I will send you an e-mail first thing when I post new art, and you don't have to go bloggin. Email me here : vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: