Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Faraway Blues

Faraway Blues___6x8 oil study on linen panel___$190__WET PAINT vvaughan8@yahoo.com
Back on the Secret Road with my buddy Earlayne...
When we first got off the main road, this little view appeared. There was a stretch of about 500 yards that took us 10 minutes to drive because every few feet was a new view and photo op! If I had not been there myself, I would look at these thick bluebonnets and say "...way too 'fantastic'"...but they really have been this thick and bushy!...on the other hand, travelling to the northern counties of the Hill Country, yesterday, I could see a big difference in the fullness of the bluebonnet patches. Not only that, but the dirt in Salado (north) is NOT RED, like the dirt in the sandy marble and pink granite areas near Fredericksburg...I think I will go out again tomorrow....just doin' my job!

No comments: