Monday, April 12, 2010

Spicy Burrito

Spicy Burrito__6 x 8 oil study on linen panel___$150
I have been out with the bluebonnets this week, and saw this little guy in the shade of a huge oak tree near my friend Kathy's place. He seemed to be nosing around between the prickly weeds, but I liked his gestures and the dappled light on his coat. Little burros ("burritos" ) are often kept to discourage coyotes from pestering young animals in the pastures.
This week I will judge the "Paint the Town" plein air event in Marble Falls, TX. Over 60 artists will be there and nearby, painting the beautiful locations of this central Texas area. On Sunday at 1:00 I will give a little talk about the Last Year on the Farm exhibit, and signing my book about the project. PLEASE come see about 100 selections from the series (see all 365 here), and stop by Main Street Gallery to say HELLO!
vvaughan8@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

He is so sweet V! Hope the coyotes don't get him. Love the dappled light.

Marie Theron said...

Amazing that this animal could deter the coyotes!Lovely painting!