Thursday, May 13, 2010

Goat Barn

Pat's Goat Barn___12 x 16 oil on linen panel___workshop demo for Pat
Yesterday I taught a nice group of artists in Dripping Springs, TX. We worked at the ranch of my friend Pat Haberman. I set up here, looking up at the 100 year old goat barn, and really enjoyed painting this as our morning demo. It got really windy, but the day was so nice! THANK YOU, Pat! ...and EVERYONE else who got to come! S, P, R, N, P, D and A!
My next workshop is in a few weeks in Fredericksburg, TX. There are lots of little old buildings nearby, and I plan a drawing lesson using them as models! E-mail if you want to join us on June 14-16 (with an extra day on June 17!) vvaughan8@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Linda Popple said...

This reminds me so much of my grandparents' farm in Gustine, Texas. My sister and I would follow a similar path which took us up a small hill with sandwiches and Kool-Aid in hand. At just the right spot we would stop and have a picnic. :-)

Beautiful painting and lucky people in your workshop!

Victor Errington said...

Gorgeous painting V, also the one previous, `Over The Hill Blues`. All the best.
Vic.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Yep, vintage Texas back country. Love this one. It really is nostalgic for me. V., you've got it goin' on!

Janice said...

This is a wonderful painting...it reminds me of Kentucky :)