Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To Lincoln_clouds, summer,plains

To Lincoln__6x8 oil on panel__study for Passing America Exhibit in 2011
Now might be a good time to look back at my blog and scroll upward from August 1 or so...For the past few weeks I have posted works from summer travels, mainly my Colorado sketchbook and Nebraska "Drive-by" paintings....the one above is another from the Nebraska group....It was late afternoon, after a whole day of tromping around Butler County with my friend/driver, Allen. This one was painted with his wife Anna in the back seat, and on the way to an art show reception at the Great Plains Art Museum in Lincoln, NE. Some work from their permanent collection was there (The Curator's Choice Exhibit), and a painting of mine was on display. As we drove to Lincoln, the sky was building to a crescendo as thunderheads popped up all around...it looked like the day would end as it had begun! Tomorrow I will post the last one from this trip!
AND THEN THE SKETCHBOOK AUCTION BEGINS!!! ...I'll explain tomorrow.

2 comments:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

Fine paintings and anyway nice blog to read. I love your work. Come take a look Teuvo www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com photo blog and leave there comments from users. Thank you for Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland

Caroline Peña Bray said...

Billowing clouds and great expanses of space, one of my favourite subjects to look at! Love the edrama developing in this...best of luck with the auction.