Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sunrise Scape

Sunrise Scape__6x8 oil on linen panel___$190
Another demo from the Fredericksburg workshop.



We arrived on locations at 6 am for our morning paintouts. This one was at the home of Bill and Nancy Bush and it was downright CHILLY that morning. We all reminded each other that later in the day we would WISH it was so cool....our afternoon temps topped out at over 100!


We painted all week with a limited palette of just FOUR paint colors, and the goal was to see the spectrum in each scene. The sun was just above the horizon when I painted this, so the spectrum was in the sky and not on the land, yet.....


To my class: I DID a few "oil changes" on this one when I got home, and I stayed true to the palette...Can y'all see the refining of shapes?...and the addition of the "pure color" we talked about?...I miss y'all!

2 comments:

Susan Hediger-Matteson said...

Love these new paintings!

What were the FOUR paint colors? I'd like to try this technique.

Joash de Cabin said...

unique in that the property across the river is an exceptionally large ranch that has been ranched by the same family for generations.
Texas Hill Country Land For Sale