Friday, June 17, 2011

Uptown Luckenbach

Feed Mill -Uptown Luckenbach, TX__8x10 oil on linen___Available soon
Here is a demo from the workshop this week. This feedmill is owned by Monroe Behrens who is, himself a creative artist and craftsman. He calls his place "Uptown Luckenbach". THis was my favorite place all week.....I just loved all the activity and equipment, with goats in the front yard and farm fields behind. We saw the moonrise here and marveled at the full spectrum in the light at sunset....I spent 45 minutes on this study, and plan to push and pull some things before selling it....

4 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

Beautiful sky and all the right details to make this painting wotk.

Pam said...

I particularly like this painting. I find most painters avoid the machinery, and yet, there it is, all around us in its splendor. Right now, they are tearing up the roads around Washington DC, building overpasses and subways and widening highways. And there they stand, the big cats, the earth-moving machines. I wax! Anyway, I like your little painting. sorry I'm not a buyer.

Valérie Pirlot said...

Great painting! Love the way the light it "eating up" the machinery in a contre-jour effect. Nice one

Megha Kapoor said...

nice work vaughan i loved the colour you chose to paint the sky and the inricate details in this.