Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One Way Strike

One Way___24 x 30 oil on linen____available at Cowgirl Up!___$4500

I have wanted to paint this one since I did the plein air study back on our farm a few years ago. Read the story about it here.


The study was part of my Last Year on the Farm exhibit, and ended up being purchased by an art museum, The Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art...

SPEAKING OF MUSEUMS!...I participate in many exhibits and over the years my paintings have been purchased by several museums for their permanent collections. One such museum recently had a special showing of selections from their collection, and MY PAINTING was stolen off the wall! Of course the museum has an elaborate security system and cameras everywhere, but the person was able to leave with the painting, without alarms. So the investigation began, but it was not long before the thief was overwhelmed with guilt and decided to return the work...

WOW! An art heist! I told the musum director to please NOT TELL ME if the theif admits that he got my painting home and decided that it did not look too good over their couch....



_____________________V....Vaughan Spring Schedule______________________




March 23-25, Cowgirl Up! Desert Caballeros Western Museum, Wickenburg, AZ


April 9-13, Southeastern Plein Air Festival, Gadsden, AL


...see my schedule for more dates and events

No comments: