Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Seven Strokes-a Lesson

Stroke Seven__a workshop lesson to paint FASTER__demo $100
One of my usual lessons to help artists paint faster is called "Seven Steps".
The one above was painted in just seven strokes!...REALLY.The image below is the first 4 steps...it's all about planning ahead QUICKLY, mixing color and trusting your outcome! It helps if the class goes step by step with me at first, then they can go off on their own.
I often (usually) grant "mercy" at the end, allowing for a few extra strokes. One time we did "7 plus 17"....this one is "7 plus 5 or 6"

Here are some locations for a few of my workshops. email me if you want more info on any of these...
And here is a link to a SPECIAL ONE.
I can't wait to see the water go down the drain BACKWARDS there!
July-August ___weekly__Austin___ "Chocolates and Chiaroscuro" 
Sept. 15, 2012___Salado TX
2013___New York City, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania...
2014___February 23-March 1___New Zealand

**BE SURE to tell me if you sign up! I like to send things to my students to get them ready, keep them "seeing", and thinking, and talking about it!

No comments: