Sunday, January 27, 2013

22 - Proud As....

 
Proud As...  ___8x6 oil on linen__$190 unframed
#22 in the Birdseed Project
 
Yesterday I met up with an artist friend and while we chatted over coffee, I painted this little rooster from a photo I have. I was biding time before a special reception for some of my high school art students. They had been working for weeks on special works for the Austin Rodeo Youth Western Art Competition. Students from all over Texas compete to get into the top 24. The judges were BIG TIME artists, Kyle Polzin, Dalhart Windberg and Sam Hurt.
Student art works will be auctioned off on March 22. 100% of the auction funds go to the artist for college. It also qualifies them for other scholarships.
So Here is the artwork that won GRAND CHAMPION...
I am so proud of my freshman art student Max Haager, and his great painting,
Papa Louie's Ranch!
I wish you could see the TEXTURE on this one!
 
CONGRATULATIONS, MAX!
 
 Papa Louie's Ranch_18x24 acrylic on board__by Max Haager
 
V....with Max and Papa Louie's Ranch

No comments: