Wednesday, January 30, 2013

25-Egret Eye

Egret Eye__6x8 oil on linen panel__$190 at SEWE
 
#25 in the Birdseed Project
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
I painted this little Great Egret while visiting  mom the other day...she always enjoyed watching me draw as a little kid, and STILL gets into it! She was the perfect mom to a kid who did WAY TOO MANY THINGS at a time...she never coached me, or gave advice about my stuff...she just watched and enjoyed, and told me how I was the greatest at EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME! hahaha
Today is my mom's 89th birthday! We celebrated at her nursing home with some shrimp for lunch and she got her hair done! I topped it off by filling her bird feeders. See my favorite feeder, below. If anyone knows where I can get a feeder like this LET ME KNOW! (it is a metal plate that sticks in the ground and has branches with little birds on it...see?) I got it at Hobby Lobby and wish I had bought more!
Who can identify the 4 birds feeding?
The one at very top is the "decoy" :)

 
 

No comments: