Monday, March 03, 2008

Cropped Sunlight


"Cropped Sunlight" oil on linen panel 11 x 14
I just finished this one, today, after starting it in South Carolina. The horse was from a photo of a farm neighbor of ours.
It was a demo for the SC Junior Duck Stamp artists. They were a great audience! I started this one to show how to "block in" a painting using big shapes. I laid down paint thinly in all the big areas. Once I got it home, I decided to really lay down some paint here. The heavy texture of the paint was worked over with a palette knife first, then a brush.
NEW NEWS about the farm show below!
Status: Last Year on the Farm ...
-In April, I will return to the farm to paint a LAST DAY, 24 paintings in 24 hours.
The series of paintings will be my big "goodbye". I want to do this while Spring is in the air. New life, new growth and all the symbolism of "Life Goes On". These paintings will be made available in MAY!
-Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt-THE BOOK is HERE! EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button. Or just mail a check for $34 (includes shipping) to: V....Vaughan, 2606 Starling Dr., Round Rock, TX 78681-Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success".- The seasons of 24 will open at the BRAND NEW Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art on March 28. I'll be there for the opening reception. David City, NE, on Sunday, March 30.

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful light! And congrats on all your wonderful success for the farm paintings and museum show!