Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Round Rock at Bat


"Round Rock at Bat"....sketch from life....
Let me explain...I sketched this last week at the Mary Hardin Baylor game vs. Sul Ross State.
The batter is Steven "Round Rock" Reinlie, my son's roommate and the clean-up hitter. He had 2 or 3 homeruns in this series! He got his nick-name for his home town high school.
Mary Hardin Baylor is in the American Southwest Conferene and is currently ranked #20 in the nation at Div 3. Go CRU!!
Now, My other son is in high school and currently plays for Round Rock High!
"Last Year on the Farm: Four Seasons" opened today at the BRAND NEW Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art in David City, NE. My work is their PREMIER exhibit...and maybe hastened the opening of this FINE small museum. http://www.bonecreek.org is a one page overview of the museum...soon to be a fine web site....it's just SO NEW! Please go by and see the exhibit from now until May 2. I WILL BE THERE at an Artist's Reception on Sunday, March 30 from 4-7 pm. Come meet me!
Contact me if you want a book, or more info. vvaughan8@yahoo.com

No comments: