Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pena at the Plate


"Pena at the Plate".....oil on linen panel....$150
I bet my friends and assistants, Linda Pena and Teri G. opened this one to see what "Pena" I mentioned in the title...sorry Linda, this is Ernest Pena, a senior for the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, where my son, Tanner is a pitcher. They played a TOUGH series this this weekend and in the third game the bats came alive to win the series! Ernest had a triple to pile on some runs at the end, and Tanner pitched for the W. Congratulations to the nationally ranked CRU!!!
Here's some news about my next Rockport, TX Plein Air Workshop Day:
We’ll Start at sunrise at Cove Harbor for a demo and a quickie of the sunrise over the marshy grasses. Then we’ll stay for some sketches in the boat yard, while the light is still good. Work in pencil or paint, but we’re working on the DRAWING in a painting….and that doesn’t mean just LINES!
Have you ordered the Last Year on the Farm book? click here! http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/196927

1 comment:

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

I like the baseball paintings. Very nice.