Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Conejos Cotton Hatch


"Conejos Cotton"___11 x 14___Oil on linen panel
Saturday, I will conduct a workshop for a CROWD! and do a demo or two , (Chicken Clinic?? of course!) and then we will have a gallery talk and a nice reception at the Gadsden Museum of Art. I look forward to meeting all the nice people who have put together a wonderful exhibit.
If you have not been to my web site, lately PLEASE GO. ALL the paintings from the "Last Year on the Farm" are there, and so are most of the field notes, and the status of each painting, whether sold or not. Please contact me if you are interested in anything ;)
**The painting today was painted in Colorado, on the Conejos River, while every cottonwood tree dropped it's cotton...it looked like snow that day (I left it all out of the painting, except the stuff that stuck to it.) But that's not all. A half hour into this, there was a HUGE hatch of little moths like I have never seen! I rescued 73 otf them before loosing count....
In a few hours I leave for Gadsden Alabama. My 365 paintings of "Last Year on the Farm" are there, now. The folks in Gadsden are buying them right and left, and I will bring home what's left, and start delivering the "Sold" ones! If you bought one, or want to CONFIRM your dibs, NOW is the time to do it. I have a lot of people wanting them and I will be selling them off unless you have a deposit...OK??

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

you have more energy than a tornado!