Thursday, July 17, 2008

Those Blue Alabama Hills


"Blue Alabama Hills"____6x8 oil on linen panel_____$150
We have "atmosphere" in Texas, but not this much! It does not feel humid, but there must be lots of moisture in the air to make the hills this blue...gorgeous! I did not do justice in this, my FIRST Alabama painting....tomorrow I will go out with my hosts and scout some locations for Saturday's workshop. I am told that we have a FULL workshop of enthusiastic painters, ready for plein air and chicken clinics! Contact the Gadsden Museum of Art
THANK YOU to Kristi Reed with WJXS-TV 24 in Jacksonville, AL, who did a fantastic interview with us, today. It will air tomorrow morning at 5:30 or 6 am and at 5:30 pm. (I am not sure about the am time, so get up to watch at 5:30, just in case....hahaha)

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is most fantastic. We get those blues here too. Very dynamic painting! My favorite after 'Jake'.

Dana S. Whitney said...

Love this... whether it actually represents the colors in Al (which is hard to imagine!!) it WORKS. (oh, and I'm working my way back through your posts till I get to the chickens!)