Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coyote Daybreak

Coyote Daybreak__5x7 oil on canvas from Last Year on the Farm...see all 365 here

In 2006 and 2007 I painted every day of our family's LAST YEAR on the FARM. The paintings became an exhibit that went all over the country for a year of solo shows at museums. Some of the works are still available on my web site.

While thinking about coyotes this week, I remembered painting my FIRST coyote one early morning on the farm.

I was outside painting the sunrise when this coyote jogged by, on the way to the tank for a drink. He probably did it all the time, because he looked so “at ease”, and had no idea that I was above him just watching, memorizing his form so that I could add him to the painting!
I had decided to post this tonight, because I never have and my “theme” this week is coyotes…. see yesterday's post and photos!

No comments: