Thursday, January 04, 2007

Before Thunderstorms


















01-03-2007 Last Year on the Farm
I painted this while the thunder was rolling up from the south. That's right of this view, which is looking to the East ....I painted this one in the afternoon, 1:30 til 2 or so and it rained a lot after this...we really like it when we get lots of rain. Rain fills the tanks and waters the cows....a sad note, though...there was a VERY young baby calf dead by the barn. I was by my car and noticed one of our dogs gingerly stepping and sniffing over there, so went to see. It saddens me and makes me wonder what might have gone wrong with the birth or whatever....I heard today that MANY cows are dying in the plains where they are having such DEEP snows. They are airlifting hay to the livestock....Please pray for those farmers and ranchers today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: