Thursday, January 04, 2007

Silver Lining
















01-02-2007 Last Year on the Farm
The January full moon rose on Jan. 2. The forecast was for 100% chance of rain on the following night so I had planned to catch the moonrise this night. I really like it when the sun has barely set while the full moon rises, so I was ready....unfortunately, I was stuck in traffic before picking my son up from basketball practice, so by the time we drove down the driveway the sky was dark and the moon was up...LIKE THIS! I had to have dinner first, so by the time I painted, I had to do most of it from memory...like this...then it rained the next day...but on Jan 4, I "proofed" my work and after seeing the waning (sort of)full moon rise, I think I can live with this study!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Caren said...

Beautiful! What is interesting to me about this painting, and a bit sad, is the distant lights which to me, represent the march of development heading towards you.

You continue to inspire me.

Unknown said...

Positively wonderful! Love the depth of blues in the sky. Very moving.