Tuesday, June 05, 2007

5 Last Year on the Farm - Winter Day 9 pm


"Last Year on the Farm - Winter Day 9 pm"
HEre's some recent news!!!
I have been out in AZ teaching a workshop and attending a couple of shows….here is the news:
1. At the Phippen Museum Show in Prescott, AZ, I received an “Emerging Artist” award from Southwest Art Magazine, for my body of work.. They were really excited about my Farm Series and my “drive-by” paintings…I will get a ½ page ad in an upcoming issue. http://www.phippenartmuseum.org/events/awards.html
2. Raymar awarded my painting “9 PM” as a finalist in their competition for the month of April http://www.raymarart.com
3. Society of Master Impressionists awarded a Sorg Easel http://www.studioeasel.com/contact.html at their show in Amarillo….a merit award with a prize…
4. I was selected to paint at the San Louis Obispo Plein Air event in October http://www.sloartcenter.org/events.htm
5. Local Workshop. Williamson County Art Center. July 13th, 14th and 15th, Friday evening 5-8 p.m., Saturday Time, TBA, Sunday 2-6 p.m …This will be plein air and I will be teaching How to Capture It FAST….we will start with a “Chicken Clinic” on Friday, and do a “Seven Stroke” painting, too…GREAT PRICE $150 contact :Art Center of Williamson County 512-248-8690 acwc@earthlink.net My workshops contain a lot of laughs, so I hope you can come!!!

6. MOST IMPORTANTLY…MARK SEPTEMBER 15 on your calendars…I want EVERYONE to come say goodbye to the farm with me, as I “unveil” all the farm paintings . I am framing and hanging them now on our walls which will be emptied of everything else, soon. I will send out formal invites, but want y’all to be the first to know…We will leave the farm as soon as we find a house…looking, looking….THANK YOU to all of you who have been painting out here and coming to the frame sales…one of the things I am thinking about that will make this loss bearable is getting to be more active with PAA…I will need places to paint…right now I am such a home
"Last Year on the Farm" paintings will be offered for sale in a few months, when our last year is up. Please ask me if you want a copy of the story. If you see one you like, PLEASE CONTACT V....Vaughan to have first shot at it. A list is underway....my kids get first pick...

2 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Congratulations on ALL the tremendous recognition and fabulous work! You go girl!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Awesome! You deserve it all. I'm gonna whip that magazine off the shelf and show everyone!