Friday, June 29, 2007

THIS Morning


This Morning..."Last Year on the Farm 06-29-2007"
Woke to a dramatic sunrise this morning on the farm...There was a thunderstorm over Bastrop County....We close on our new house in Round Rock in a few weeks, so our move is near. I will finish the "Last Year on the Farm" series soon and YOU ARE ALL INVITED to come view the works on our farm walls!...
I hope to see skies like this in Rockport tomorrow...PLEASE JOIN US at Cove Harbor (by "Off the Hook Restaurant" starting at 6 am to grab the sunrise. We will have all day to paint the beauty of the area and will end with a sunset painting and even a moon rise (full moon tomorrow, y'all)...for the hearty plein air painters who want to partake of my style of marathon painting!
"Last Year on the Farm" paintings will be offered for sale in a few months, when our last year is up. Please ask me if you want a copy of the story. If you see one you like, PLEASE CONTACT V....Vaughan to have a first dibs shot at it. A list is underway....my kids get first pick! ;)

3 comments:

KT said...

Just discovered your artwork and your blog. I grew up in Hereford, Texas in the 50s and 60s, and was thinking as I looked at your paintings, "That looks like Texas". Palo Duro Canyon was our playground and relief from the "flatness". I love your work. I now live in CA and miss the awesome sky.
Katie

V....Vaughan said...

THANK YOU for the comments...I love to hear them!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

24 in 24 is incredible.
I admire your drive and congratulate you on the magazine article and award. Make sure you let us know when the mag comes out.