Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Late Spring Day Last Year, 7pm


















Late Spring Day Last Year on the Farm - 7 pm

Last Saturday I painted 24 small ones in 24 hours...again. This is my "Late Spring Day Last Year on the Farm".... I began the paintings before realizing I did not have enough panels to paint on and so had to interrupt myself to cut loose canvas from the roll, which I will mount later when the paint is dry.

This painting is from the 7 pm hour after rainstorms came and went all day. I tromped through the fields this day instead of painting from my studio deck. All the good clouds and scenes were not visible from my usual perch....Unfortunately, the wet painting has curled the unmounted canvas and my photos are aweful, so I will wait to post the rest....sigh....The past 3 times I painted 24 in 24 went pretty seamlessly...and, this time, I think I like the paintings better than any other batch of 24, but will have to wait a few weeks before showing them to you :) Stay tuned and enjoy my drive-by paintings from out West for the next few days :)


"Last Year on the Farm" paintings will be offered for sale in a few months, when our last year is up. Please ask me if you want a copy of the story. If you see one you like, PLEASE CONTACT V....Vaughan to have a first dibs shot at it. A list is underway....my kids get first pick! ;)


2 comments:

Heidi Malott said...

WOW!

Unknown said...

I'm speechless. This is a masterpiece, V.