Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cowgirl Quick Draw

Cowgirl Quick Draw_18x18 oil on linen_painted in 45 minutes_SOLD
At Cowgirl Up! on Sunday morning, I participated in the Quick Draw. Artists have just an hour to paint and frame an original piece of art, with crowds gathered around watching. Then there is a fundraiser auction, and the works are sold. It's VERY fun, and feels "competetive", though my only competition is the clock! I like the challenge and always do these with NO reference photo...this time I added some challenge by working on a BIGGER canvas than I ever have. Below you can see my first minute sketch and below that is Pat and Ellie, the wonderful folks who won the painting at auction...THANKS Y'ALL!!!!! Remember to let me varnish it for you next year!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a challenge. Looks like a very nice finished piece and your Pat and Ellie look really happy with it. Nice concept of the hour quick draw and auction.
Maggie

Patrice said...

What a great idea!! And the painting turned out great, as well