Sunday, December 16, 2007

Armadillo World HQ Pitcher


























"Remember the Armadillo"...Official "World Souvenir" of Austin's Famous Armadillo World Headquarters...
My Art Studio Sale continues in a strange way...Yes, I the teatotaller have an official beer pitcher from the famous Armadillo World Headquarters. Here's how it happened:

Back in the early 1980's, I did a lot of freelance promotional graphics for our big radio station in Austin, K98. When The Armadillo closed, they somehow acquired all the leftover beer pitchers, so they had me paint the official logo on there with a comemorative "official " limited edition graphic. There were only 62 pitchers and all were given away in a radio promo or maybe to their special advertisers.

They gave me this one which is numbered 61 of 62.

The first picture shows the front logo and words saying "Armadillo World Headquarters World Souvenir. Complements of K98"

The second photo shows the Budweiser logo with a handpainted puddle of beer and a little armadillo drinking from it. It is signed V.V.

This must be old, because I did not yet use my four dots in V....Vaughan !

It will be fun to see what happens to this thing! My son thought an EBAY auction would be fun, so here is the link to the auction! It would make a great gift for a fan of Austin music...or an old hippie!



































































"Remember the Armadillo"...Official "World Souvenir" of Austin's Famous Armadillo World Headquarters...





Yes, I the teatotaller have an official beer pitcher from the famous Armadillo World Headquarters. Here's how it happened

No comments: