Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In the Shepherd's hand



"In the Shepherd's Hand"....print of pencil drawing, 18 x 24...framed $150, includes shipping
This drawing was presented to pastors in the Austin area a few years ago for Pastor's Appreciation month. It was commissioned by our local Christian Radio station and I got to present it at their banquet and explain the symbolism.
I had just read a series of books by W. Phillip Keller, called "A Shepherd Looks at the 23rd Psalm". Then I read the follow-up books "A Layman Looks at the Lamb of God", and "Lessons from a Sheep Dog" . These books are full of word pictures which I tried to convey in this art. It depicts the role of the Pastor in the Shepherd's hand...yes, in this drawing, the pastor is the dog, and the Great Shepherd is the one in charge...with patience and a strong loving hand....there's more...This print is the last one that I have framed. I have a few unframed ones somewhere :)
Letme know if you'd like it, and I'll tell you the rest of the story...better yet...get the books!!!

No comments: