Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Emily on Flight 34


"Emily on Flight 34" from my sketchbook
While flying back from South Carolina, via Jacksonville, FL, I took out my sketch book, seeing this lovely young lady leaning forward to read.
I tried to be discreet as I kept glancing over there to watch and sketch. Her mom, near me on the aisle, noticed me, so I pretended to be interested in what was out the window, and to not appear to be staring at her daughter. Well, her mom then told her, "Emily, sit back so this lady can see out the window!" I apologized and had to fess up that I was just pretending, I am an artist and was sketching her, so please make her sit forward again! hahaha
Busted!
I gave her my card, so I hope she looks in on the BLOG.
Status: Last Year on the Farm ... -Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt - Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success". -THE BOOK is at the printer now, after I did some editing and added a few pages. You may still order the first edition. EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button.

You can read about it and order one by sending me an e-mail at vvaughan8@yahoo.com, or CALL! 512.917.0814

3 comments:

Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

Vaughan, good morning!! Extraordinary drawing !! maybe you can do an Etching from this masterpiece?
Great work V.
Alex

Roxanne Steed said...

PRICELESS MOMENT!! They are so hard to catch without being caught!I've caught one or two on the train into NYC or Boston, but usually you get partway through & someone is getting off. And Airplanes! whoo- it's almost impossible to do without 'invading their space bubble' & getting caught- hehehe- this is wonderful!!! Love it!
I'm glad you 'fessed up' and got to finish the drawing!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Lovely shapes in this sketch.