Thursday, May 28, 2009

Racing theThunder_24 x 24

"Racing the Thunder at Lucy's"__24 x 24 oil on linen___sold
I painted ths one a few weeks ago in Alabama, from a hill in Lucy's backyard. She and Archie happened by as I was painting and asked if I could come paint Lucy's view. A big thunderstorm was coming over me from behind, so I hurried to paint this one in near record time, (for me!)
Today I am in DeSoto, Texas. I judged the Art League's show: 173 works of art in a variety of media...WHAT A TOUGH JOB! ...and humbling. The work was SUPERIOR!!!! I found myself reverting back to teacherhood, taking notes, making encouraging critique (except on the winners...I was hard on them, to encourage them to get even better! Tomorrow they get their ribbons and awards$$, AFTER we have a workshop on some nearby farms...gotta get to bed now, to prepare for a sunrise demo~
My next sunrise demo will be at the Fredericksburg, TX workshop, June 5-7. E-mail if you think you can come...there are 2 spots left, so bring a friend! vvaughan8@yahoo.com

2 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

ohhhh - this is breath-taking!

Robin Roberts said...

Having seen this one in real life, I can vouch that it's stunning! Lucy and Archie are very fortunate - the photo can't do it justice. Just delicious.