Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Western Red__8 x 10 oil__V....Vaughan

"Western Red"___8x10 oil on linen panel__just shipped to Act I Gallery in Taos, NM
Gee, I feel like I already posted this recently...I painted it only a few weeks ago, and I usually post paintings right away, but I do not see this one ANYWHERE on my blog....please correct me if you know better!...It's one of those small ones painted when the light was JUST RIGHT (those who were in my Fredericksburg workshop might remember the second sunrise painting from the Bush's house?....I was working on #1 when the light "flared" and I grabbed a second canvas to put down the colors of the flare, and finished both canvases after that)...but this one above was done with the sunSET flash of color....I hope it will sell fast at Act I Gallery in Taos, but if you are travelling the west, stop by and meet Anita, there. She is really friendly and loves to show you around!...Speaking of road trips, I am off in the morning to Omaha, to take some boys to the College World Series!! It will be fun to see the Great Plains!...and maybe some "western red" as the sun sets out there!