Friday, July 23, 2010

Ahhh!!! Poppies!__red flowers, poppies

AHHH! Poppies!____8x6 oil sketch on linen panel____$190
(click blog image to see some neat detail)
A break today from the sketchbook...I will post all the sketches, and as I said I will probably double up on a few. Since this is our last day here, I wanted to post this for my in-laws, BRV. They have planted some beautiful poppies and scattered other wildflower seed. The flowers have really taken off and are all over the property this time of year...For the past several years the poppies were minimal, but they are BACK!
We head home to the hot country tomorrow...I will miss COOL morning walks up here in "sweater weather"...now it will be just "sweat weather"....but, to tell the truth, I LOVE hot sunshine. Can't wait to get home!

No comments: