Monday, July 19, 2010

Aspen Here, Aspen There

Aspen Here, Aspen There___6x8 oil study on linen panel___$150 wet

This Colorado scene is just north of the scene I posted yesterday....I was waiting for Pat to finish her larger painting, so I grabbed another small canvas to depict this: layers of Aspen trees ascending this part of the San Juan range...
I have probably told this story before, but here goes again....If you are an artist you probably understand!...When I first started painting in oils about 10 years ago, I took on "green", being inspired by a beautiful location in Colorado...the outcome was a disaster...back then I thought that green was only blue + yellow...and add white to make it lighter....Being a SERIOUS, committed artist, I saved the disaster, showing it to no one (I have my pride, you know!)...I also still have the awful painting...one day when the pride will let me, I will show the awful green mud I created in my "inspired" moment...I am still humbled by green....

No comments: