Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sketch 10-Daisy Day

Daisy Day___sketch #10 from my Colorado Sketchbook__Auction soon

My mother-in-law, Bilie's favorite flower is the daisy, and there have always been bunches of them on the high mountain passes above their place in Colorado. A few years ago, my father-in-law, RV brought a bunch down to our canyon place and planted them....now they are EVERYWHERE!!! RV has shared them with all the neighbors and they are growing all over...BUT, this year they were not as tall and full as usual, making me think they need more early rain, or colder springtime!
For all my friends in NEBRASKA! Right now there is a special exhibit in Lincoln, at the Great Plains Art Museum. This is a special exhibit called Curator's Choice. Each of the curators from the past 30 years has selected their favorite works for this exhibit, and my painting called "Passing" was selected. Next week is a special reception at the museum, and I will get to go! PLEASE COME MEET ME! The reception is
Friday, August 6, 5-7 pm. ...otherwise, keep a lookout for me along the backroads! I will be doing some
"drive-by painting" on the highways and byways for a few days! Let me know if you are coming! vvaughan8@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Pam Holnback said...

How great that you're a choice!