Sunday, June 15, 2008

15 of 24_ Last Day on the Farm_ Click to bid







15 of 24 Paintings in 24 Hours" My Last Day on the Farm_6x8 oil on linen panel click link to bid or see the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140241594256


The sky was so thick with humidity that night. I was sure the moon would be gone at any moment, so I painted fast! The sky changed so fast that at one point I had 3-4 paintings going at once! These I will keep if no one wants them!
More moon paintings to come!

***I'll be teaching my method of "capturing the Impression" in a couple of "one day workshops" this month and July.

June 21 in Rockport, Texas...starting at sunrise at Cove Harbor (by Off the Hook Restaurant)...This has become my "thing" for teaching in Rockport. It's where we always begin the day. I am finding a similarity between Cove Harbor and my farm: FAMILIARITY brings growth as a pwinter. Come paint with us here a couple of times, adn you wil experience it!...fascinating

July 12 in Austin- at the Hill Country Bible Church on RM 620. Only room for a few more in this class so call quick if you are interested. Brought to you by the HCBC PACT !

email me asap for details on either of these workshops. I love teaching and give away all my secrets! ;)vvaughan8@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Liza Hirst said...

Your skies are fantastique!
Especially this one is breathtaking!

Jeff Mahorney said...

another beautiful one. I can't believe you can do this with such regularity. This is my fav lately. I can feel the speed and looseness in how you caught it. Fantastic. :)

Bill Cramer said...

Ambitious project! I think these nightime scenes are the best of the 24, but this one may be your "finest hour".