Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lion Glance

"Lion Glance"___9 x 12 pencil on archival paper___$85 includes shipping
I 'll get this to you by Christmas if you will pay with paypal or a credit card. (e-mail me if you want it vvaughan@yahoo.com) ...I'll be going to FedEx Monday, anyway, so this one will be at your doorstep on Christmas Eve if you are first to ask! ...It is a lion sketch from life at the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. This lady lion was pacing very close behind the glass, and I captured her little bit at a time as I caught glances while she paced.
CONGRATULATIONS to my oldest son, Tanner, the Texas Louvre man, who graduated from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor today! I am very proud of you, sweetie! It will be fun to see what the Lord does with all your great gifts and abilities!
After the boy's graduation, my youngest son (the quarterback/pitcher) and I drove a few miles further to watch the State Championship football game: Lake Travis (Austin) vs Longview. "our team" won. It was a whirlwind trip, because the boy needed to get home, and HE WAS DRIVING...There is nothing like the adrenalin rush you get from riding in the passenger seat while your 16 year old drives in holiday traffic on the Interstate. I might be "wired" for a few more hours....I think I will go paint :) Merry Christmas!

No comments: