Friday, June 08, 2007

Sunbather



"Red Rock Sunbather" 8 x 6 $200
HAPPY SUMMER...almost.
I have been posting paintings from my "Winter Day Last Year on the Farm", so it's time to get back to current works. For the next few days we'll take a break from the farm and I will post paintings from my travels in AZ and the West. Watch for my "drive-by" paintings :)
This is one of my favorites from my recent trip teaching and showing art in Arizona. The workshop finished in Sedona at Red Rock Crossing and when we arrived, this sunbather was there, so I hurried to do a quickie demo, thinking I might have 10 - 15 minutes to gather info, if I were lucky. She actually sat like this for about 3o minutes, before moving around...a real luxury for a plein air painter!

2 comments:

Candy Barr said...

Very nice intimate moment in sunlight with water!

Anonymous said...

Love the lighting and the softness!