Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rockport Blaze


















"Rockport Blaze" 12 x 16 oil on linen panel

Here is the second one I have ready to go to the Nomadas del Art Show in Santa Fe, next month. Painted on location in Rockport, Texas last fall, I knew when I did it that I wanted it to represent my year-long search for JUST the right painting to put in with Nomadas.
I am in Jacksonville Florida tonight...on the way to Charleston. I just had a nice dinner with artist pals, Joe Garcia and Adele Earnshaw. We all landed here tonight in the rain and will caravan to Charleston tomorrow and set up out art at the Charleston Place Hotel for the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition. Please come see me if you are here. I brought the first sample of my new book for you to see!
Order one asap!
Status: Last Year on the Farm ...-Please click here to read a GREAT REVIEW by Kent Wolgamott in the Lincoln JournalStar: http://journalstar.com/articles/2008/02/03/living/gz/performances/doc47a0e837b407c595235319.txt- Most of the exhibit will be held over at the Great Plains Museum until THE END of March. It's going WELL and the museum has told me it is a "Stunning Success".-THE BOOK is at the printer now, after I did some editing and added a few pages. I ordered extras of this first edition.EMAIL ME to order, or check the BLOG ON JAN. 9 to use the paypal button.

My favorite landscapes to paint will always have a special sky feature. This was an unusual sunrise thunderstorm catching the blaze of early morning sun.

No comments: