Tuesday, June 24, 2008

24 of 24 Last Day on the Farm_Click to bid




"24 of 24 Paintings in 24 Hours_ Last Day on the Farm___Burn Remnant".......6x8 oil on linen panel__Click to see auction or bid

I finished this "Last Day" on April 21, and if you have been following, I already posted this one, commenting about the fire that caused the burn in the background...the black is all gone, now, the new grass is in, and life goes on at the farm.
Many have asked what is happening at the land NOW, with us gone...Well, the developers who bought the farm from our family have put their big project on hold. They have leased the property to another farmer who is grazing these cows there, and keeping the hay cut and baled. No telling when development will come, but it is inevitable. That will be an awful day for me, but it's in the future, and maybe I will have another piece of land to get attached to by then!
THANK YOU for walking through this with me! The auctions of this Last Day are expiring one by one as the 365 paintings of my Last Year travel to Alabama this month. See them all and read the field notes on my web site,
http://www.v-vaughan.com
Many of those 365 paintings are STILL AVAILABLE...
Next week I will start showing the latest coastal stuff I have painted in Rockport, TX.
http://www.vvaughan.blogspot.com
New paintings, new places are ready to be posted, starting Wednesday so stay tuned!

No comments: